From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] ASL headers, etc.
Date Sat, 23 Oct 2010 17:32:34 GMT
On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 04:52:06PM -0700, Marvin Humphrey wrote:
> The imported grant codebase contains just shy of 1000 files; we need to update
> it in accordance with these directives:
>
>     http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html
>     http://www.apache.org/dev/apply-license.html
>
> This will best be done over several stages.  I've opened LUCY-123 to track
> progress:
>
>     https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCY-123

LUCY-123 has now been resolved.  This task is complete, and I've updated the
Lucy Incubator status page to mark the following item as done:

    2010-10-23  Check and make sure that the files that have been donated have
                been updated to reflect the new ASF copyright.

The trunk/import directory has been moved to make it the new trunk/ and
ordinary development may now commence, as all of the checklist items spelled
out in "initial clean up" have been addressed in either LUCY-122 or LUCY-123:

    http://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html#initial-clean-up

    * Ensure source files use the standard Apache boilerplates. This may mean
      replacing existing license headers. The tools in
      https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/tools and
      https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/relicense may be useful.
    * Ensure that NOTICE and LICENSE documents are present and correct.
    * Add any required notices. Consider moving copyright attributions from
      source documents to the NOTICE. Read Apache policy on headers.
    * Audit the source for any potential licensing issues. Any which are found
      should either resolved immediately (when required) or noted in the
      status document for later.

    Once a section of code has been cleaned up (and repackaged, if necessary)
    normal development can begin.

Cheers,

Marvin Humphrey