From Chris Hostetter <hossman_l...@fucit.org>
Subject [lucy-dev] Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for August 2010 (general@incubator.apache.org)
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2010 21:57:51 GMT

: I have not started the formal paperwork.  What I have been doing is assembling
: materials and the list of people who must participate in the grant.  This is
: something of an involved process, since KinoSearch is large and has been around

Understood ... my point was that this is the type of thing that
should be mentioned in board reports -- even if it's just to say:
"in process of assembling materials and the list of people who must
participate in software grant for KinoSearch"

the assimilation of KinoSearch is a huge part of Lucy's incubation, so the
current status towards that in should probably be mentioned in every board
report -- even if no concrete milestones have been achieved yet.

: Anybody have pointers to mailing list archives where complex provenance
: efforts like this one were undertaken?

I would *definitely* ask about this on general@incubator ... this kind of
"how have other podlines dealt with this?" type question is (as i
understand it) exactly what that list is for.

-Hoss