From Chris Hostetter <hossman_l...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for August 2010 (general@incubator.apache.org) (fwd)
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2010 18:21:47 GMT

: OK, I've checked in the file with several items marked as completed.

There still seem like several that should be marked completed (or possibly
just "NA" since no action was needed) ...

  * If request from an existing Apache project to adopt an external
package, then ask the Apache project for the SVN module and mail address
names. (NA)
  * If request from outside Apache to enter an existing Apache project,
then post a message to that project for them to decide on acceptance.
(DONE)

  * Ask infrastructure to set up issue tracker (JIRA, Bugzilla). (NA/DONE)
  * Ask infrastructure to set up wiki (Confluence, Moin). (NA/DONE)

: There's also the question of what happens to the pages at
: <http://lucene.apache.org/lucy/> -- should they redirect?  If that's the case,
: then it would be convenient to perform the svn move, mod the existing Forrest
: content and publish the new site, then ask infra to put the redirect in place.
: So whatever the case, we're waiting on the svn migration for moving forward on
: the project website.

Over in LUCENE-2563 we'll track setting up a redirect once the new Lucy
website is in place.

The existing forrest site for Lucy has so many refs to Lucene and no refs
to being in the Incubator or the migration of KinoSearch's codebase/user
to the incubator that it almost seems better to completley avoid trying to
re-use that website ... it seems like more trouble then it would be worth.

My suggestion: For now, just put up a single static HTML page
containing...

  1) a short explanation about hte migration to the Incubator and the plan
to adopt KinoSearch code base / community
  2) link to http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/LucyProposal
  3) link to http://incubator.apache.org/projects/lucy.html
  4) link to https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lucy/
  5) info about existing lucy mailing lists and that people should
subscribe there until the new mailing lists are created.

...cranking that out would probably be faster/easier then trying to update
the old forrest one to have the same info.

: I don't think I know for sure that all Mentors are subscribed to
: private@incubator.a.o, though you're obviously all on the general@ list.

With mike's verification on IRC this morning that he would subscribe,
that should be everyone.

-Hoss