From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for August 2010 (general@incubator.apache.org) (fwd)
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2010 23:45:24 GMT
On Thu, Aug 05, 2010 at 02:46:43PM -0700, Chris Hostetter wrote:
> Now would be a good time for Marvin & Simon to update the Lucy Project
> status page (Since nate and peter are still waiting for accounts)

There is an action item under Mentors:

    Tell Mentors to track progress in the file
    'incubator/projects/{project.name}.html'

/me clears throat.

"Mentors, please track progress in the file 'incubator/projects/lucy.html'."

/me marks said action item as completed.

OK, I've checked in the file with several items marked as completed.

> I, personally, have kind of lost track of what the next steps are, and
> where we are at ... other then giving nate & peter svn karam once their
> accounts are created, is there anything remaining in the process that
> needs "Mentor karma" ?

I might technically have the karma to perform the svn migration for the
existing Lucy Lucene subproject codebase to the Incubator space, but I don't
believe that's my prerogative.

There's also the question of what happens to the pages at
<http://lucene.apache.org/lucy/> -- should they redirect?  If that's the case,
then it would be convenient to perform the svn move, mod the existing Forrest
content and publish the new site, then ask infra to put the redirect in place.
So whatever the case, we're waiting on the svn migration for moving forward on
the project website.

Additionally, there's the following action item:

    Subscribe all Mentors on the pmc and general lists.

I don't think I know for sure that all Mentors are subscribed to
private@incubator.a.o, though you're obviously all on the general@ list.

I think that's it as far as items requiring Mentor karma.

Marvin Humphrey