From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [Lucy] Roadmap for first release
Date Sun, 01 Aug 2010 23:29:50 GMT
On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 09:38:06PM -0700, Mattmann, Chris A (388J) wrote:
> Yeah, my big concern is that you¹re talking about a project that doesn¹t
> live at Apache (yet) on Apache lists. I like your timeline below, but there
> are no dates behind them? How long does it take to cut a 0.31 Kinosearch
> release? My hope is a few days, not a few weeks.

Days.  In fact, in the interest of expediting the process, I withdraw my
proposal to consider moving stuff around now.  Let's just plan to deal with
all that later.  That means that I only have a couple bugfixes left and
0.30_11 can go, to be followed shortly by 0.31.

> We have Incubator reports to file over here in Apache-land (in a few weeks),

I believe our first monthly report is due no later than Wednesay August, 11 --
less than two weeks. :)  We'll be ready.

> This dualism has to stop and the development/mailing list discussion/release
> cycle needs to occur over here at Apache.

Point taken.  I agree.

Marvin Humphrey