From Chris Hostetter <>
Subject Re: Bootstrap Lucy Incubator podling
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2010 19:50:49 GMT

(resending from the correct address -- my accounts have gotten crossed

: >  * Add to table: Currently in incubation.
: This is in  Does
: anyone know the process here?  Is there an svn path that holds the
: sources for this, that's automagically pushed to production?

most of this is spelled out in the mentor doc marvin mentioned...

I'll take care of the "Add to table" step right now

: >  * Initialize Podling Status Page.
: I think the above URL explains where we need to commit the status page
: (seems like we just need to create incubator/site-
: author/projects/lucy.xml then build it).  Marvin can you create this
: XML source?  One of us can commit it.

Yeah, moving forward the "PPMC" (ie: the initial committers) will be
responsible for updating the status page, so it would probably be a good
idea if one of them (marvin/peter/nathan or simon) created the first
version and then one of us mentors can sanity check it and then commit it.

: >  * Authorize committers.
: Is this granting karma on the new svn path?  (Committing the right
: auth file somewhere....?).

it depends on wether they already have an apache account...

: >    o Add marvin and simonw.
: Is this just the same as authorizing committers?

it's a sub bullet - marvin and simonw only need the karam to the new svn

: >    o Get new accounts set up for Peter and Nate (CLAs are on file). accounts first require an email to root.  I'll take care of that