From "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <>
Subject Re: Lucy JIRA perms/Admin
Date Sun, 25 Jul 2010 23:56:07 GMT
Yo Hoss,

> : 2. SVN (did Hoss take care of this already?)
> Lucy's new incubator SV dir exists, and per the email reply i just got
> from ant on the private@incubator list the karma changes i requested are
> all finishd -- which means all of the Lucy Podling committers/mentors with
> existing apache accounts should now be able to commit to the new
> repository, as well as to the incubator website -- which includes updating
> the Lucy project status report...

> (Peter & Nate: once your accounts are created i'll need to poke the IPMC
> to add your svn karma as well)
> : 4. Lucy UNIX groups under Incubator karma, removal of Lucy Lucene karma
> : rules (I think Hoss took care of this already)
> ant (the person) took care of the SVN groups/auth as i mentioned above --
> i have no idea what is involved in adding UNIX groups, that's not
> mentioned anywhere in the bootstraping docs.  (my understanding is that
> there is a single "incubator" unix group, not individual grops per
> podling)

Yeah not sure myself. I'll send an email to general@incubator asking if
there is anything that needs to be done on that end. The reason I ask is
that e.g., if we wanted to update our incubator website, at I would imagine that they only want e.g.,
the Lucy Incubator PPMC to have write access to that dir, rather than e.g.,
the OODT podling. So, there has to be some level of permissions there, I

> I also did nothing to remove/modify the existing "Lucene Lucy" svn karma
> settings -- i definitely think that should wait until the podling is
> bootstraped, and everything is migrated to the new SVN dir -- then it
> should be something the Lucene PMC Chair is reponsible for.

Right, +1.

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist
Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246