From Marvin Humphrey <>
Subject Re: Wiki non-migration
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2010 19:16:40 GMT
On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 10:08:28AM +0100, Upayavira wrote:
> Moin can do access rights.

Well, what do you know!

Apparently they are off by default.

> You can either do it on a page-by-page basis, or apply access rights across
> the whole site.

It looks like what you're supposed to do is insert a line like this one:

    #acl SomeUser:read,write All:read

However, you need to have admin rights to either add or edit acl's.  I wasn't
able to add such a line to an existing page, nor create a new page that
included such a line, because apparently my user (MarvinHumphrey) doesn't have
admin rights.

>From what I can tell, granting a user admin rights to the whole wiki needs to
be done in

It seems to me that like JIRA admin karma, MoinMoin wiki-wide admin karma
ought to be restricted to PMC members.  However, I suspect we have to ask
Infra to edit that file for us.  Maybe it's possible for them to add
a "PMCMembers" or "AdminGroup" group and then for us to edit that group?

Oo, I think this is a good idea:

    We'd prefer change emails to go to ivy-commits@incubator

Send change emails to the commits list rather than the dev list.

Marvin Humphrey

View raw message