From Marvin Humphrey <>
Subject Re: Lucy JIRA perms/Admin
Date Sun, 25 Jul 2010 20:15:30 GMT
On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 11:49:51AM -0700, Mattmann, Chris A (388J) wrote:
> > It seems like using LUCY Jira might be more appropriate, since some of the
> > tasks -- e.g. our mods to Lucy's Jira :) -- don't seem to require Infra
> > involvement.
> Yep, but let's be specific. What do you think should be LUCY Jira issues
> versus INFRA issues?

I care about getting the individual sub-issues right, and I care about
updating the checklist at <>.  I
don't have strong opinions about whether or where we perform additional
omnibus tracking.  If others do, though, I'm happy to dot a few extra i's and
cross a few extra t's.

> existing subscriptions to new lists). I'd imagine this also includes
> decommissioning of the old Lucene M/Ls for Lucy as they shouldn't be needed
> any longer and per the Incubator resolution for Lucy, the Lucene PMC is no
> longer cognizant over.

When Infra "migrates" mailing lists, it looks like they put forwards in place
on the old lists.
> 2. SVN (did Hoss take care of this already?)

It's not done until we all have commit access and everything in the existing
repository under lucene/lucy has moved over.  IIUC, we're waiting for someone
within the Incubator with sufficient karma to take certain actions.  For now
I'm relying on Hoss to keep that ball rolling.
> 3. Wiki (needs to move to incubator space?)

I don't think it will have to move, though we may need to insert the
incubation disclaimer on the front page.  My preference is that it stay where
it is.

I have to step out right now, but full rationale will follow in another mail.

> 4. Lucy UNIX groups under Incubator karma, removal of Lucy Lucene karma
> rules (I think Hoss took care of this already)

I think orderly shutdown of the existing Lucy Lucene subproject website, svn,
etc needs to wait until everything is set up under incubator.

> > Having said that, where we file it is an implementation detail I don't have
> > strong opinions about.  Please go ahead and open a ticket wherever you see
> > fit.
> So, to me it looks like we need INFRA help with #1 and maybe #3, right? If
> so, I'll handle filing the issues.

Maybe just #1, which I've already claimed -- let's not duplicate. :)

Marvin Humphrey

View raw message