From Marvin Humphrey <>
Subject Re: Lucy JIRA perms/Admin
Date Sat, 24 Jul 2010 19:22:18 GMT
On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 11:58:03AM -0700, Chris Hostetter wrote:
> In general I don't think there are any set guidelines on how the Jira
> Roles are used (they are totally independent of LDAP and SVN perms)
> so the Lucy project can decide for itself -- but for now would just make
> sure you aren't the only one with any permisions/role.

My sense is that all PMC members should be given the Administrators role.
That's partially because I don't understand everything that a JIRA
administrator can do, so PMC members are a default conservative choice.

Everybody in the PPMC (all Mentors, all initial committers) has now been given
administrator karma.  All of you should now see an "ADMINISTRATION" link to
the right of "CREATE NEW ISSUE" when you visit
<> while logged in.

Marvin Humphrey

View raw message