From Nathan Kurz <>
Subject Re: Incubator or out?
Date Sun, 27 Jun 2010 18:47:38 GMT
On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Marvin Humphrey
<> wrote:

> Why not declare victory and make our prototype our product?

+1.  Even as a prototype, it's more mature than most things out there.

>  * The Clownfish object system has been finished.

Is there a plan for packaging Clownfish independent of Lucy?

> It might even be worth seeing if we could leverage SWIG.

Based on limited prior experience with SWIG, I think it might be best
to view it as just another language for which bindings can be
developed, rather than as the base level which everything else depends
on.  While having a SWIG interface might make it faster for an
experienced SWIG developer to allow access from a new language,
someone working native to each language will probably end up with a
better final API.

In general, I apologize that I'm not going to have much time available
in the immediate future for Lucy development proper.  I hope to free
up such time someday.  But I'm happy to review others work, and to do
what else I can.

Nathan Kurz

View raw message