From Peter Karman <>
Subject Sponsoring Entity
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2010 04:23:47 GMT

Could you comment on the Sponsoring Entity section in the Incubator proposal?

Are asking that the Incubator PMC sponsor us (which is what I am assuming), or
are we asking that the Lucene PMC sponsor us into the Incubator? I guess the
meaning of "Sponsor" is confusing to me, given the unusual history of the
project. The notes say that the Sponsor "is the organizational unit within
Apache taking responsibility for this proposal" -- but not the unit taking
responsibility for the **project** (i.e. Lucy). I guess it's the process I'm
confused about. I thought I understood it, but the wording of this section is
making me second-guess myself.

This definition[0] suggests that it is the Incubator PMC but I just want to make
sure I'm clear here.

Peter Karman  .  .

View raw message