From Peter Karman <>
Subject Re: ProximityQuery
Date Sat, 20 Mar 2010 03:08:21 GMT
Marvin Humphrey wrote on 3/19/10 2:35 PM:

> If you can find the time, I'd a brainlog helpful to see whether it was enough,
> too much, properly focused, etc.

Aesthetic comment: I like C++ style comments for legibility and speed-of-writing.

The clarification in the one- and two-line comments is helpful.

The longer block of comments around PhraseScorer_calc_phrase_freq is helpful.
The concept of "phrase frequency" had not scored well on my grok-o-meter.

The capitalization of function names confuses me (not specific to this
revision). I see PhraseScorer_Calc_Phrase_Freq and
PhraseScorer_calc_phrase_freq. I know intuitively that somehow that convention
must be internally consistent with the magic of Clownfish, etc., so I'm guessing
I just haven't yet come across where the difference in case is documented.

All those GOTO calls are indeed "non-standard form" (wink wink, nudge nudge) and
were what sparked my initial question to the list.

I'm going to dive into the Proximity classes now and see if I can break them.

Peter Karman  .  .

View raw message