From Peter Karman <>
Subject Re: ProximityQuery
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2010 03:14:32 GMT
Marvin Humphrey wrote on 3/15/10 11:49 PM:

> Within the existing KS code base, PhraseScorer would be the closest thing to
> what you want.  It wasn't really built to handle nearness, but maybe it can be
> adapted.

My (perhaps naive) assumption was that a PhraseScorer isa ProximityScorer where

> Do you have an idea yet as to how you might publish this?

I need to understand how the phrase matching is done currently (see above). If I
could contribute it to the KS core, I'd be happy to. Otherwise, I imagine adding
it to Search::Query::Dialect::KSx as another *Query type, joining the Wildcard

Peter Karman  .  .

View raw message