From Peter Karman <>
Subject Re: [Lucy] Re: Clownfish nullable bug
Date Sat, 06 Mar 2010 03:37:15 GMT
Marvin Humphrey wrote on 3/3/10 10:16 AM:
> On Tue, Mar 02, 2010 at 11:16:49PM -0600, Peter Karman wrote:
>> fyi, I've just committed a failing test to KS trunk as r5886. The issue
>> manifests when an abstract nullable method is overridden in a subclass. The
>> 'nullable' flag is not being parsed correctly in Clownfish and so when the
>> overridden method returns undef, KS croaks.
> "Croak" is a polite way of putting it, right?  I imagine it was segfaulting.  :)

No, it was correctly croaking with "cannot be null" messages. That's how I
tracked the problem. So in that case, the feature was working -- it was just
being incorrectly applied.

> I committed this change to the KinoSearch repository as r5887; I'll shortly
> commit both your test and the fix to the Lucy repository.  Thanks for the test!

cool. thanks for the thorough explanation on Clownfish parsing too. I am sure it
will help me in the future.

Peter Karman  .  .

View raw message