From Marvin Humphrey <>
Subject Re: MoreLikeThisQuery
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2010 17:37:28 GMT
On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 02:56:15PM +0100, Nick Wellnhofer wrote:
> How does Kinosearch compute the final term weights? I had a
> look at Search/Similarity.c and it seems to be Sim_tf * Sim_idf *
> Sim_length_norm.

The Lucene folks have put a good amount of effort into documenting the Lucene
scoring model, which current KS implements.

As for where that stuff gets applied... it's kind of all over the place.

> On a side note, how can I interface with Kinosearch or Lucy directly on
> the C level? Is there any documentation yet?

There's not a C API right yet.

To get things up and running, the first thing we would need to do is put all
the C header files somewhere.  That's kind of tricky on Unixen because the
CPAN module installation process doesn't normally touch /usr/local/include,
and on Windows, it's trickier still.

The easy way to handle things would be the same way we're going with
ProximityScorer, glomming onto the KinoSearch build directly.  But we could
also try jamming stuff into /usr/local/include and worry about permissions
issues and portability later.

Marvin Humphrey

View raw message