From Peter Karman <>
Subject Re: [Lucy] Index-time RAM consumption settings (was Invalid UTF-8)
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2010 03:35:01 GMT
Marvin Humphrey wrote on 2/1/10 1:52 PM:

> FWIW, once we fix SortWriter's RAM consumption problem, we'll go back to being
> relatively parsimonious with process RAM.

if that proves true, I think it's a non-issue.

I only raise the flag because in Xapian there's such a dial, an env var setting
a flush threshold, that is often mentioned as a way to control indexing speed
vs. memory use. From what I've seen of KS the indexing speed is much faster and
mem use much lower anyway, so I'm not worrying about it.

Thanks for the detailed reply re: the issues involved.

Peter Karman  .  .

View raw message