From Nathan Kurz <>
Subject Re: [KinoSearch] 64-bit linux errors with t/core/032-string_helper.t
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 19:35:38 GMT
On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 5:43 AM, Peter Karman <> wrote:
> Nathan Kurz wrote on 1/20/10 1:35 AM:
>> Could you attach your failing standalone test case so I can take a
>> quick look at it?  I tried the inline one above, but saw nothing
>> strange with GCC 4.2.4 on Slamd64.

That's the one I tried, but I didn't see anything odd when running it
with or without -O2.   The symptom of failure would be the loop
skipping directly from i = 0 to i = 255?

If we are seeing success with GCC 4.2.4 and failure with GCC 3.4.6,
and nothing else obviously wrong, this would seem to indicate a
compiler bug or library bug.   Are there other GCC versions that have
shown problems?

Nathan Kurz

View raw message