From Nathan Kurz <>
Subject Re: [Lucy] Monolithic Charmonizer files
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2010 17:55:14 GMT
On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 7:21 PM, Marvin Humphrey <> wrote:
>> I.e., why would I want to build Charmonizer as a standalone entity?
> Right now, just for the sake of hacking on Charmonizer in isolation.  It's a
> little weird that in order to build Charmonizer, you need the build script for
> Lucy's Perl bindings -- that threw off Nate.

Actually, I was (and am) just generally having computer problems.  My
laptop hard drive has been dying a prolonged death, the desktop has
random lock ups when I install all the RAM, etc.  I didn't actually
have problems compiling per-se, but I didn't feel I could test what
I'd done well enough to check it in.  A simple 'make test' option was
what felt most lacking.

I'm pro-Makefile, and would be happy to write a simple one that should
work fine with GCC.  I'm not against a single file solution, though.
For a simple configuration system that's designed to be integrated
into other build systems, it might be a good choice.

In addition to SQLite, dlmalloc might be a good single-file
role-model: <>.   Still might
be worth having a tiny Makefile even for the single file solution,

Nathan Kurz

View raw message