From Marvin Humphrey <>
Subject Re: [KinoSearch] Release strategies
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2010 05:01:30 GMT
On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 08:22:32PM -0800, Marvin Humphrey wrote:

> Then there's one long standing file format bug:
>   * Skipping on SegPostingList is disabled because the skip files are broken.
> I'd like to get that one taken care of before we make a non-dev release, as it
> will help performance for a variety of queries.

I believe I have finally squashed this bug with KS commit r5729, which
re-enables the skipping optimization on SegPostingList.  It turns out to have
been a search-time problem in SegPostingList after all, rather than something
hiding in PostingsWriter's main loop -- but that didn't become clear until
after I'd cleaned out most of the
PostingsWriter/PostingPool/PostingPoolQueue/SortExternal/SortExRun rat's nest.

So that's one item checked off the TODO list.

Marvin Humphrey

View raw message