From Marvin Humphrey <>
Subject Re: [Lucy] Re: 64-bit linux errors with t/core/032-string_helper.t
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 17:22:23 GMT
On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 08:56:35AM -0600, Peter Karman wrote:

> although changing the main() function to this, and compiling with -O2,
> still works ok, which makes me think Marvin's comment about the variadic
> function printf() might be on target.

Well, that seems to demonstrate that it's variadic argument passing
misbehaving under -O2, but it's still misbehaving.  I don't see anything in
the C code that's invalid.  Kudos to Nate if he spots something I've missed.

Do you have valgrind on these boxen?  It would be interesting to see valgrind
analysis of the small program with and without -02.  However, I'm not sure
we'll see anything -- Valgrind's ability to detect stack corruption is

Marvin Humphrey

View raw message