From Marvin Humphrey <>
Subject Re: [KinoSearch] C90 vs C99
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2010 18:09:01 GMT
On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 11:47:37AM -0600, Peter Karman wrote:
> yes, that makes the problem go away. The issue was present under gcc 3.4 (RHEL
> 4) and gcc 4.2 (OSX 10.6).

Ah.  I'm not seeing it because I have 'export KINO_DEBUG=""' in my bash startup
code.  And I just started using these idioms recently.

> Seems like making that flag explicit when gcc is detected would be a good thing.
> Does that kind of test properly go into Build.PL or into Charmonizer somewhere?

Charmonizer is never used to add compiler flags.  It always runs with the set
of flags that you give it, since that's part of the compiler environment
it's supposed to suss out for you.

This stuff gets added in  Take a look, you'll see the test for "cl",
which is MSVC, and a similar check for GCC under the debugging flags.

Marvin Humphrey

View raw message