From Peter Karman <>
Subject Re: [Lucy] Re: quiet gcc warnings
Date Sat, 12 Dec 2009 02:59:32 GMT
Peter Karman wrote on 12/10/09 9:04 AM:
> Marvin Humphrey wrote on 12/9/09 6:15 PM:
>> On Tue, Dec 08, 2009 at 09:24:44PM -0800, Marvin Humphrey wrote:
>>> So, instead of "u32_t" or "chy_u32_t", we'd use "uint32_t" everywhere.
>>> We could actually generate a complete and usable stdint.h on systems
>>> where it
>>> isn't available using no more compilation tests than we already have
>>> going in
>>> Charmonizer/Probe/Integers.c.  But as a quick and dirty fix, we can
>>> either
>>> pound-include stdint.h in charmony.h if it's there, or change the
>>> naming of
>>> our typedefs if it's not.
>> PS...
>> If you take this on, just add rather than replace the typedefs and
>> call it a
>> day.  If we try to remove the old defs right now, we'll get massive
>> failure
>> throughout the rest of the system, and it's not worth trying to fix
>> that all
>> at once.
>> After the stdint.h typedefs are in Charmonizer, we can expand
>> Clownfish to
>> accept the new type.  Then we replace all instances in core and the Perl
>> bindings.  Lastly, once the substitution has completed, we can safely
>> remove
>> support for the chy int types from Clownfish and Charmonizer.
> got it. I'll take this on, including opening the JIRA ticket.

well, I've opened the ticket and started poking around but I am not sure where
to include stdint.h and/or test for its existence.

Is Charmonizer/Probe/Integers.c where I want to make this addition of include

It *seems* like I would add something in Integers_run() in Integers.c. Is that

Peter Karman  .  .

View raw message