From Marvin Humphrey <>
Subject Re: [Lucy] Re: quiet gcc warnings
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2009 00:15:47 GMT
On Tue, Dec 08, 2009 at 09:24:44PM -0800, Marvin Humphrey wrote:

> So, instead of "u32_t" or "chy_u32_t", we'd use "uint32_t" everywhere.
> We could actually generate a complete and usable stdint.h on systems where it
> isn't available using no more compilation tests than we already have going in
> Charmonizer/Probe/Integers.c.  But as a quick and dirty fix, we can either
> pound-include stdint.h in charmony.h if it's there, or change the naming of
> our typedefs if it's not.

If you take this on, just add rather than replace the typedefs and call it a
day.  If we try to remove the old defs right now, we'll get massive failure
throughout the rest of the system, and it's not worth trying to fix that all
at once.

After the stdint.h typedefs are in Charmonizer, we can expand Clownfish to
accept the new type.  Then we replace all instances in core and the Perl
bindings.  Lastly, once the substitution has completed, we can safely remove
support for the chy int types from Clownfish and Charmonizer.

Marvin Humphrey

View raw message