From Nathan Kurz <>
Subject Moving away from METAQUOTE
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 00:44:22 GMT
I started actually switching over from METAQUOTE to a macro, and have
encountered a few oddities.

1) Is there a good way to compile and run 'charmonize' as a
standalone?  Running 'Build' from the 'perl' directory doesn't seem in
line with avoiding a Perl dependency.

2) Is there a framework to run any tests for it?  I see charm_test.c,
but am not sure how to run it short of putting together a Makefile.

3) I've named the macro Chaz_Quote(expr) to fit in --- is there a
reason things are prefixed with 'chaz' rather than the more obvious

4) There are some 'Part A' and 'Part B' cases that that do things like
end on "var = ".   Would you prefer that I hand quote these, or that I
change to a '%s' interpolation or the like?

5) Should discussion like this take place on the list, or through JIRA?

Nathan Kurz

View raw message