From Nathan Kurz <>
Subject Re: [KinoSearch] Compile 0.30_07 on FreeBSD 7
Date Sat, 21 Nov 2009 18:51:58 GMT
On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 11:39 AM, Marvin Humphrey
<> wrote:
> Nate, can you please take a look at the HowToContribute wiki page and open a
> JIRA issue?
> Let me know if you think of any improvements to that page or if any section is
> confusing on first read.  There's only one shot before you're burdened by the
> curse of knowledge, too.  :)

HowToContribute is generally very clear --- much clearer than most
such pages.  Linked style guide is great.

I got a little lost when it got to the "Create a JIRA Issue Stage".
Not lost to the point of actually being stymied, but if playing the
canary I might have given up there.

1) Explain what JIRA is, and why one might want to use it.
2) Explain what an Issue is, and why this awkward term is used.
3) Mention that one needs to create an account, and that the 'Create
New Issue' link does not appear until you are signed in, and that no
amount of searching will help you find it until you have done this.

Nathan Kurz

View raw message