From Michael McCandless <>
Date Sun, 12 Apr 2009 09:24:58 GMT
How does/will KS/Lucy handle documents at search time?  What is the planned API?

We struggle with this in Lucene because we use the same class
(Document) to represent the document at index time and search time,
yet, many details of the document are not preserved properly, and it
caused plenty of problems.

Much of this comes down to the fixed-vs-malleable schema difference,
so KS/Lucy can do a better job preserving eg the FieldSpec used at
indexing time, but there must still be things (eg field & doc level

View raw message