From Marvin Humphrey <>
Subject Re: Is there anybody here?
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2008 14:43:25 GMT
On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 08:08:38PM -0500, Peter Karman wrote:
> Marvin Humphrey wrote on 10/12/08 3:14 PM:
> > Yes, absolutely.  In fact, I've just taken a job that involves working on the
> > Lucy core.  (I'm in the middle of moving house to be at this job, so I won't
> > be able to follow up on this message for a while.)
> >
> what gives? finally buying that motor home and leaving OR?

For the next couple of weeks, I'll be staying in my uncle's beachfront condo
in Oceanside, CA.  No concrete plans after that.  :)

The company is Eventful: <>.  They recruited me because of
KinoSearch, and I'll be working both on the core and on application code for
them.  The CTO and I are in agreement, though, about the plan to launch Lucy.
The Apache brand lends Lucy potential advantages that KinoSearch doesn't have,
and Eventful wants to maximize the effectiveness of its contributions to open

Marvin Humphrey

View raw message