From Marvin Humphrey <>
Subject Re: Is there anybody here?
Date Sun, 12 Oct 2008 20:14:10 GMT

On Oct 12, 2008, at 9:09 AM, Robert Young wrote:

> I have just checked out the trunk of this project and notice that there
> doesn't seem to really be anything there. Just a basic directory structure
> and few .charm files. So, my question is, is this project alive?

Yes, absolutely.  In fact, I've just taken a job that involves working on the
Lucy core.  (I'm in the middle of moving house to be at this job, so I won't
be able to follow up on this message for a while.)

There isn't much in trunk because I implemented most of the design Dave
Balmain and I laid out a while back within KinoSearch, which, since it wasn't
a brand new project, had a userbase.  Right now, Nathan Kurz and I are working
on the design for the file format.  That will also go into KS first.

The plan is to have the next release of KS serve as a draft for Lucy.  Barring
unexpected developments, KS will be declared stable and will go into
maintenance mode reasonably quickly after release.  That's when I expect to
start making a lot more commits to Lucy, as it will become (for me) the devel

> If not, is there another c library that provides fulltext search that you
> can recommend?

Swish.  For C++, there's CLucene and Xapian.

Marvin Humphrey

View raw message