From "Nathan Kurz" <>
Subject PForDelta compression
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 18:19:41 GMT
On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 3:14 PM, Marvin Humphrey <> wrote:
> The hard part about implementing PForDelta is that it involves block read/write
> of integers.  KS isn't set up to do that, either at index-time or search-time.

How are you thinking about using PForDelta?  The algorithm makes
sense, I haven't thought much about the actual integration.  At a
first glance, I'm not sure at what level it would fit in.    If you
use it for position data alone, I'd guess that most tokens don't have
enough occurrences to make it a win.   Would it work for match-only
posting with the positions in a separate stream?

Nathan Kurz

View raw message