From Yousef Ourabi <>
Subject Re:
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2007 05:12:08 GMT
I was missing the build-essential package -- I managed to look right past which files were
missing (stdlib,stdio..) --  Working now -- Sweet!

Now what?

Perhaps I'm still ignorant of some facts, or discussion but it seems like in the context of
lucy (not KS, or Ferret) writing code generating tools like Charmonizer would take more effor
than doing a direct port using only C idioms (structs, and functions)??

----- Original Message -----
From: "Henry" <>
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2007 6:49:54 AM (GMT-0800) America/Los_Angeles
Subject: Re: is lucy dead?

> On Oct 28, 2007, at 9:57 PM, Yousef Ourabi wrote:
>> ../charmonizer/metaquote_src/metaquote.c:1:19: error: stdio.h: No
>> such file or directory
>> ../charmonizer/metaquote_src/metaquote.c:2:20: error: stdlib.h: No
>> such file or directory
>> ../charmonizer/metaquote_src/metaquote.c:3:20: error: string.h: No
>> such file or directory
>> ../charmonizer/metaquote_src/metaquote.c:4:19: error: errno.h: No
>> such file or directory

Yousef, this looks like your distro cannot find the std development header
files - use the appropriate procedure to install the necessary packages
(yum, rpm, apt, etc).

If (eg) /usr/include/errno.h does in fact exist, then you'll need to test
by compiling a simple helloworld.c and take it from there (ie, consult
your distro support forums).

View raw message