From Marvin Humphrey <>
Subject Re: PHP blinding for Lucy?
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2007 03:15:46 GMT

On Feb 27, 2007, at 6:24 PM, David Balmain wrote:

> How about just using doxygen. I don't have much experience with it but
> I'm pretty sure there would be a way to tag particular functions that
> are public so that when you generate the documentation you can
> generate only the public methods.

 From the Doxygen manual:

   21.124 PHP only commands

   For PHP files there are a number of additional commands, that can be
   used inside classes to make members public, private, or protected
   though the language itself doesn’t support this notion.

   To mark a single item use one of \private, \protected, \public. For
   starting a section with a certain protection level use one of:
   \privatesection, \protectedsection, \publicsection. The latter
   are similar to ”private:”, ”protected:”, and ”public:” in C++.

Too bad "package" isn't in that list.  KS has three access levels:
public, private, and "distro", which I made up and means any file in
the KinoSearch distribution can use it -- the equivalent of Java
package if the whole distro was in one package.  (I would have called
it "package" but that has a different meaning in Perl.)

I'll bet Doxygen allows you to define your own keywords... just
haven't found that yet.

Marvin Humphrey
Rectangular Research

View raw message