From Marvin Humphrey <>
Subject Re: Dependencies
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 07:44:44 GMT

On Jun 20, 2006, at 10:52 PM, Yen-Ju Chen wrote:
>  I did some goggle and hope these links helpful.
>  I never used them before.
>  But if both the license and algorithm fit Lucy,
>  it can save time by not reinventing wheel.

>>    * hashtable

It's funny that Dave thinks hashtable's the piece of cake.  This was
the link I found most interesting, as I've written hashtables before
but can't say I enjoyed the calisthenics.  I also did not write a
hashtable for KinoSearch, since I was able to use Perl's hashes from
C via the XS API.

As for the others, we both have tested implementations of most
everything, since we needed those for our own C code.  We won't
really be reinventing the wheel, we'll be rotating the tires.  :)

Marvin Humphrey
Rectangular Research

View raw message