From Marvin Humphrey <>
Subject Re: Configurator
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 08:06:03 GMT

On Jun 21, 2006, at 12:03 AM, David Balmain wrote:

> Even better I think would be to
> design a very simple domain specific language that builds the
> lucyconf.h. That way we only need to write the parsers once for each
> target platform. Every time we need to add something to the lucyconf.h
> we only need to edit (eg.) lucy.config and add a mini c file. What do
> you think?

Sounds good, I like it.  How about "lucy.cf8", for .configurate?  Hee

We could do individual .c files, but I was thinking we'd stuff all
the C in one big file.  There's gonna be hundreds of those critters.

Doug, if we pinch a bunch of code from that public domain Configure
script, what are the implications for releasing under the Apache

Marvin Humphrey
Rectangular Research

View raw message