incubator-lokahi-dev mailing list archives

From "Feist, Jeffrey" <jeffrey_fe...@merck.com>
Subject RE: Templating configuration files
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2008 14:38:01 GMT
Glad to hear there is a lot of interest in templating. Below are what I
believe the changes that need to be made for the first pass. I will get
started on these changes and attach them to the Jira ticket when they
are complete. Please let me know if you have any comments or
suggestions.

GUI
----
Update "Manage Files" to say "Manage Templates"

For files/templates:
	Name: display name
	Descriptor: name of file (httpd.conf / httpsd.conf /
workers.properties)
*Put examples next to field names*

Update Apache:
	- Update "Apache Main" to say "Apache Template"
	- Add workers.properties template (with none as a choice)

Update Tomcat:
	- Add Server.xml Template drop down

Backend
-----------
add "lokahi.template.engine=X" in lokahi.properties

Create a new class called something like ConfTemplateBuilder

Workers will call: public String ConfTemplateBuilder.buildConf(Server
worker) {
	- calls PropertiesFile.getConstantValue("templateEngine") ->
returns org.apache.lokahi....VelocityTemplateEngine
	- calls VelocityTemplateEngine.buildConf(Server) {}

The engine classes would be:
Public abstract class TemplateEngine()
VelocityTemplateEngine extends TemplateEngine( )

String VelocityTemplateEngine.buildConf(Server worker) {}
	- would have the mapping from $apacheServer  -> (ApacheWorker)
Server.getApache().getServerRoot();
	- if Server instanceof ApacheWorker {}
	- else if Server instanceof TomcatWorker {}

When other Engines would be added, they would need to extend class
TemplateEngine() and have a buildConf function that returns a string
representation of the config file.

-Jeff