From Paul Querna <p...@querna.org>
Subject Re: [libcloud] [VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 0.5.0
Date Mon, 23 May 2011 17:43:54 GMT
On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 10:00 AM, David LaBissoniere
<labisso@uchicago.edu> wrote:
> I found an issue with the Nimbus driver in 0.5.0. The recent change to make
> the EC2 driver call ex_create_tags during create_node() breaks Nimbus
> because it doesn't support tags and returns a server error.
>
> I have attached a patch which fixes the issue and which I have tested
> against a Nimbus cloud. It just makes the tag methods passthroughs.

I think we should target doing a 0.5.1 release next week if there
aren't any significant bugs found in  other drivers.

For 0.5.0 itself, +1 to release.

Tested on OSX against Rackspace and EC2 -- No regressions that I saw
in my testing except that parts of the rackspace api are down right
now :-/

Noticed a few issues like unused variables/imports in pyflakes, but
none look terrible and I'll try to fix them before 0.5.1.

Thanks,

Paul