From Justin Donaldson <donald...@bigml.com>
Subject Re: [libcloud] adding i386 and x86_64 architecture flags for NodeSize and NodeImage, and utilizing the driver object in NodeSize
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2011 22:53:00 GMT
On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 3:27 PM, Ryan Tucker <rtucker@gmail.com> wrote:

> Linode is 32-bit by "default," both userland and kernel.  (I put quotes
> around "default" because there's no such thing as a default image, but
> 32-bit is the typical case.)  I believe Slicehost is similar, since we get
> neither 32-bit nor new kernels in STL-A, but I don't have first-hand
> knowledge of this.

Thanks for clarifying, I should've mentioned I hadn't tried very many
providers yet.

> > My thought would be, rather than retrieving a consistent global list of
> > generic nodes, there should be some ability to query for matching nodes
> > per-provider.  E.g. instead of the list_nodes() function, a function such
> > as: query_sizes(min_cpu, min_disk, max_price, etc...) could be specified.
>
> I've kinda implemented something like this in my own use of libcloud:
> <snip>

I think I could sort out a node size selector/query function for most of the
providers just by looking at the /drivers folder scripts.  I couldn't test
though... I'd have to set up too many accounts :)

-Justin

--
Justin Donaldson, BigML, Inc.
o: 313-31BIGML | c: 919-BUZZJJD