From Tomaz Muraus <to...@cloudkick.com>
Subject Re: [libcloud] Load Balancers support
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2011 19:32:46 GMT
Glad to see some new code and ideas flying in :)

Here are some of my comments and concerns:

   - I have already posted this in my previous email, but imo we need a
   special place to put all those extra resources such as load balancers in.
   I don't think having a separate top-level module is acceptable, because
   there are many more resources we can implement, but most of them
   are relatively small compared to the compute and the storage API.
   We should probably move those resources to *
   libcloud.resources.{loadbalancer,ip,foobar}* or something like this?
   - We should also limit which resources we will support and implement
   based on the number of providers which support them - e.g. if there are less
   than 3 providers, we shouldn't support it.
   - I would vote to also research Amazon and GoGrid load balancer
   implementations before deciding how the final interface should look like,
   because there is a huge chance that your interface is currently biased
   towards the Rackspace API.
   - I will post some code comments in-line on github later on. In general
   it looks OK, but there are some minor styling issues, missing __ALL__
   statements and a few places with a repeated code.
   - Tests - yeah, for the new things we should aim for a test coverage of
   95% and above.