From Roman Bogorodskiy <bogorods...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [libcloud] Load Balancers support
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2011 19:03:11 GMT
  Grig Gheorghiu wrote:

> > +1, and although I have yet to grok the new module layout, perhaps we can throw
it into something like libcloud.networking.lb?

> > Yet, I am having a difficult time thinking of non-load balancer networking components
currently available.

> Well in EC2 you have Elastic IPs that could be managed inside a
> networking package.

I believe that IP stuff is relatively simple and at the same time is
quite tightly integrated with compute drivers, so it's probably make
sense to just leave it as ex_ prefixed stuff in compute drivers instead.

As for 'libcloud.networking.lb', it looks like a more granulated version
of 'libcloud.resource.lb', I don't think we need such level of granulation
currently and most likely will not need for quite some time yet.

Roman Bogorodskiy