From "Schwartz, Philip Marc (LNG-BCT)" <Philip.Schwa...@lexisnexis.com>
Subject RE: [libcloud] libcloud roadmap and plans for the future
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 15:59:34 GMT
Tom also sent me an email outside of this thread. Here is my post as I have nothing against
twisted, just with the usage of it in libcloud.

I have nothing against twisted. I use it on a day to day basis in my work along with the OpenStack
project.  My concerns are using it in libcloud as Twisted is not lightweight.

My current usage of libcloud is 2 fold. Embedded into c++ via the python interpreter and in
a python module that is used on demand in an application server written on top of Facebook’s
Tornado server for libevent based async. To add the requirement of twisted on an app like
mine would just add to the memory foot print and when working in a libevent spawned thread
pool of 12-48 threads or more at a time can be a downfall of my usage of libcloud.

I can see many people that run large scale usages of libcloud running into the same issue.

Thank You,
Philip Schwartz
Software Engineering
LexisNexis RS