From Tomaz Muraus <to...@cloudkick.com>
Subject Re: [libcloud] libcloud roadmap and plans for the future
Date Sun, 06 Feb 2011 19:11:21 GMT
Yes, Twisted is a big beast, but in my opinion it is still a lot better to
use Twisted than something like asyncore.

If we would use something like asyncore this means that we need to implement
our own http client and a lot of other things which already exist in Twisted
and have been battle tested.

On the other hand, we are not building a non-blocking Python framework so
using something like epoll, kqueue, etc. directly and implementing our own
abstractions is out of the question imo.

There are also a lot of other non-blocking frameworks available for Python,
but Twisted is pretty much the de-facto standard.