From Sengor <seng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [libcloud] vCloud driver provider
Date Sun, 13 Feb 2011 11:44:16 GMT
Thanks Jerry,

In that case I should ask whether support for v1.0 of the REST API
specs is planned to be introduced. At the moment v0.8 seems to have
been hardcoded within drivers/vcloud.py which doesn't offer much
expansion room for the versioning aspect of vCloud API.

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 7:09 PM, Jerry Chen <jerry@apache.org> wrote:

> On Feb 13, 2011, at 1:45 AM, Sengor wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there a reason why VMware vCloud is not defined within providers.py?
>
> Technically, vCloud is not a provider, but a protocol implemented by certain providers.
>
> At the end of the drivers/vcloud.py, you will find that the main VCloudNodeDriver class
is inherited by HostingComDriver and TerremarkDriver.

> Thus, the base driver and its classes are never used directly, and if you're trying to
use it within your own vCloud deployment, you might be better off following the lead of the
vCloud-based drivers.

--
sengork