From Jerry Chen <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [libcloud] libcloud roadmap and plans for the future
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 16:02:25 GMT

On Feb 8, 2011, at 9:57 AM, Jed Smith wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 12:24 AM, Paul Querna <paul@querna.org> wrote:
>>
>> Right now this just feels like witch burning of Twisted Python
>
> Tom mailed me off-list to ask me the same thing, so I'll clarify publicly:
>
> I can't witch hunt something I've never used, I can merely resist a
> dependency as (perceivably) heavy as Twisted. I resisted M2Crypto for
> the single purpose we needed it for, and I will continue to resist any
> added dependencies that don't benefit the library as a whole.

Kill it with fire!!

But in all seriousness, Twisted often polarizes the discussion and I'm glad we all brought
the thread back to the pros and cons of implementing async.

Personally, I think we have more important components to address in the immediate future,
but as Tomaz mentions, this is just something to think about for further down the road.

Cheers,
Jerry