From Jerry Chen <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [libcloud] [VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 0.4.1
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2011 16:31:03 GMT

On Jan 7, 2011, at 10:18 AM, Toma┼ż Muraus wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I think we need to postpone the 0.4.1 release because I have unintentionally
> brake API in the EC2 driver.
>
> list_locations method now returns a list of EC2NodeLocation objects instead
> of a list of NodeLocation objects.

Thanks for catching that... I missed that as well.

> I think we should change list_locations back to return a list of
> NodeLocation objects and add another ex_list_locations method which returns
> a list of EC2NodeLocation objects.
>
> Then we have three options for the create_node method:
>
> 1. Allow user to pass NodeLocation or EC2NodeLocation object for the
> location keyword argument

Since EC2NodeLocation is a subclass of NodeLocation, I think #1 would be fine.

Then in create_node we can check for the class of kwargs['location'] and deal with the availability
zone appropriately.

Do you want to come up with a patch (and maybe use your brand new commit privileges :)), or
do you want me to take a stab at it?

Thanks,
Jerry