From ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [libcloud] [VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 0.4.2
Date Sun, 09 Jan 2011 10:54:55 GMT
There's another poddling doing an Incubator release at the moment and
several reviewers pointed out the requirements on naming and the
incubation disclaimer text which reminded me to check this. The
libcloud release needs to include "incubating" in the name and the
distributions need to include a DISCLAIMER file explaining the its not
an official Apache project yet, see:

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#naming
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html#disclaimers

Other than that this release looks good to me.

   ...ant

On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 5:10 AM, Jerry Chen <jerry@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Test tarballs for Apache Libcloud 0.4.2 are available at:
>  <http://people.apache.org/~jerry/libcloud-0.4.2/>
>
> Please test and place your votes:
>
> +/- 1
> [  ]  Release Apache Libcloud 0.4.2
>
> Vote closes on Sunday January 9, 2011 at 10pm PST.
>
> This release includes the EC2NodeLocations fix to restore backward compatibility in the
EC2 driver, as well as new drivers, improvements to deployment capabilities, and libcloud.security
module for SSL certificate verification.