From Grig Gheorghiu <grig.gheorg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [libcloud] SSL Certificate Name Verification
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2011 16:26:21 GMT
On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 8:59 PM, Jerry Chen <jerry@apache.org> wrote:

> On Jan 3, 2011, at 10:38 AM, Jerry Chen wrote:
>
>> Otherwise, having the ssl package as a dependency for 2.5 sounds good to me.
>
> I have introduced both simplejson and ssl as dependencies for <2.6 in setup.py.

I just installed libcloud 0.4.2 under Python 2.5.1 and I didn't get
any 'missing dependencies' error during the install. However, when I
tried to get a connection to the EC2 driver, I got:

    EC2Driver = get_driver(Provider.EC2)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/libcloud/providers.py", line
79, in get_driver
    _mod = __import__(mod_name, globals(), locals(), [driver_name])
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/libcloud/drivers/ec2.py",
line 21, in <module>
    from libcloud.base import Node, Response, ConnectionUserAndKey
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/libcloud/base.py", line 23, in <module>
    from libcloud.httplib_ssl import LibcloudHTTPSConnection
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/libcloud/httplib_ssl.py",
line 23, in <module>
    import ssl
ImportError: No module named ssl

Installing the ssl module from PyPI (current version 1.15) helped. Now
when I open a connection I get:

/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/libcloud/httplib_ssl.py:55:
UserWarning: SSL certificate verification is disabled, this can pose a
security risk. For more information how to enable the SSL certificate
verification, please visit the libcloud documentation.
  warnings.warn(libcloud.security.VERIFY_SSL_DISABLED_MSG)

Will read up on the docs at
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/LibcloudSSL to see how to get past
that.

Grig