From Paul Querna <p...@querna.org>
Subject Re: [libcloud] [VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 0.4.2
Date Sat, 08 Jan 2011 06:14:02 GMT
On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 11:55 PM, Jerry Chen <jerry@apache.org> wrote:

> On Jan 7, 2011, at 11:40 PM, Roman Bogorodskiy wrote:
>> Why do we need to bump version number to 0.4.2 and start new vote
>> instead of re-tagging 0.4.1 with the EC2 fix?
>
> We're hoping to avoid confusion with two 0.4.1 versions floating around out there, one
with the bugfix, and one without.

Correct -- it avoids all chances of any confusion -- to an open source
project, version numbers are cheap / free, and they are rarely
influenced by marketing reasons, so the knowledge of exactly what
someone has is worth any 'harm' by incrementing the version number
imo.