From "Schwartz, Philip Marc (LNG-BCT)" <Philip.Schwa...@lexisnexis.com>
Subject [libcloud] Community organization and process documentation.
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2010 15:15:53 GMT

After a very useful discussion in IRC yesterday afternoon, a few of us worked out our next
step prior to graduation that we feel is a must and goes 100% along with Ant's comments.

We need to work out a plan and documentation for the following.

1. Community/Developer participation along with definitions of PMC, Committers, Developers,
and full voting community.
2. Voting guidelines, including how to start a vote correctly, what is needed for vote to
pass, and what can stop a vote or veto it.
3. Full release procedures for production releases and snapshot releases.
        - SVN tagging process for libcloud
        - packaging procedures (tarball, deb, rpm, etc...)
        - PyPI maintence, distro package submission to distro based repos.
        - Last minute fix release procedures along with post-release hotfixes/backport patches.

Once this is done, things on the agenda that will need to be discussed but cannot with out
100% of the above being completed is the following.

1. Creation of a PMC
2. Open vote on current discussion points (mainly JAVA bindings and graduation.)

Thank You,
Philip Schwartz
Software Engineering
LexisNexis RIAG
O - 561 999 4472
C - 954 290 4024

you should delete this message.  Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message,
or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.