From Paul Querna <p...@querna.org>
Subject Re: [libcloud] Working with availability zones in EC2
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2010 23:26:27 GMT
AZs actually map pretty well to what list_locations should have
available to you.

For each region, we are currently hard coding a single Location:
    def list_locations(self):
        return [NodeLocation(0, 'Amazon US N. Virginia', 'US', self)]

So I'd be fine with list_locations actually returning a list of the
Availability Zones.

I had some thought at one point of making an Aggregate EC2 Driver,
which would connect to all regions and combine all operations across
all regions, ie list_nodes, but this is kinda hard to be feasible for
things like create_node which need Region specific parameters for
things like what AMI to boot.  In that context a list_locations
returning each region would of made sense, but for a practical matter,
I think returning each AZ inside a region is a good change.

Thanks,

Paul