From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [libcloud] Re: Removal of the Java bindings
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2010 23:29:32 GMT
Frankly it's not your vote that this project is trying to resolve,
it's Ant's -1.  The fundamental problem is that nobody seems to
understand the basis for Ant's vote,  Ant has been less than
forthcoming about what it would take to change his mind, and
the rest of the project is grasping at straws trying to figure
out what to do.

That's not what mentoring at Apache is supposed to be about.  My
sole concern with this project is in how it arrives at its decisions,
not in the outcomes.  Healthy projects take advantage of their
diversity by sampling opinions ahead of time and trying to form a
consensus *before* putting things to a vote.

Yes there is tension about the java code, but it's nothing that a
dozen other Apache projects haven't dealt with in one way or another.
Crafting bylaws has nothing to do with the problem, the project needs
to construct productive working relationships between committers with
different interests, while realizing that there should be agreement on
what the common goals of the project are.